Friday, June 19, 2009

fan crush


Yes, me too, I succumbed and joined the ranks of those becoming "fans" of really famous people on facebook and twitter. I don't follow everybody, especially not on twitter and especially not if those persons are dishing out a million tweets of selfpromotion a day – I am very choosy. Every day in life.

So far I've limited my eaves-dropping on the life of the rich and famous to two people – Jane Fonda and Marlee Matlin. I've even read – with great pleasure – some of Jane Fonda's recent blog posts. Barbarella goes Bionic Woman, and while you hear other people complaining and bitching Jane Fonda tweeted from Paris from the set where she was shooting a new campaign for L'Oréal and the next day she was already at the hospital preparing for her knee replacement.

Marlee Matlin's style is completely different; she mixes tweets about the daily struggles of raising kids with charming tweets about her book and regular political posts. And that's she's an advocate of gay rights is just one of her many facettes. She recently started "caption action" because Netflix doesn't think it necessary to include captions to most of their movies.

The cutest tweet of all was the following one

gotta love her for being nice!



2 Kommentare:

Natazzz on June 21, 2009 at 12:50 AM said...

I had quite a few "celebrity" tweeps I was following, until I realised I reallly did not care for their tweets...not JUST because they are known anyway.

Those I follow those I follow because I like what they have to say...

Spoil Myself on June 21, 2009 at 7:51 AM said...

I'm still having a hard time when I decide to unfollow, as if I had to write an excuse ;)

 

Spoil myself Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template