Friday, June 26, 2009

June 25th – RIP


June 25th 2009 will be marked in my book (I don't have a diary or write one and this blog isn't one) as one of the weirdest days ever. I know things happened before 5pm (GMT +1 on summertime), but that's when this day turned for worse.

Natazzz informed us that news had broken on Belgium TV that tv-presenter Yasmine had died. A suicide, a measure I've never really understood but this is not the right place to engross these thoughts.

News of the death of Farrah Fawcett followed shortly afterwards. Though it didn't surprise me, I was still shocked that it happened so quickly. The news that she and her longtime partner Ryan O'Neal thought of getting married told me that they had run out of hope. That she died only a couple of days later is still a blow in the guts.

This morning, while catching up, I learned of the death of Michael Jackson. The news broke on twitter, but everybody was thoughtful and waiting for confirmation from serious sources.

They were right in doing so, cause only shortly afterwards news of the death of an actor made the rounds – this one was a hoax. How horrible is that? Playing with the emotions and empathy of people is just downright awful.

I know that Ed McMahon died too, but I've never really heard of him before. Whereas Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson accompanied my youth; before Michael went totally crazy – and sometimes even then – he made some really good, extremely awesome music.

And Farrah Fawcett – show me the lesbian who was not a fan of Charlie's Angels? I should give this some thought, if these three Angels weren't at the source of my still ongoing love for crime serious with women detectives?


1 Kommentare:

queen of biscuit on June 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM said...

King of Pop ? Ok, das war er. Aber meiner Meinung nach hat er sich mit sehr vielen Millionen Dollar die Freiheit ERKAUFT. Ich habe schon seit Jahren, und das ganz bewusst, keine Songs mehr von MJ gehört.

Ich kann einfach nicht um einen vermeintlichen Pädophilen trauern.

Schade, dass Farrah Fawcett am gleichen Tag verstorben ist. So wird ihr leider nicht die Ehre erwiesen, die ihr wirklich zustehen würde. Ich trauere um Farrah.

 

Spoil myself Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template