Friday, May 29, 2009

action movies


I confess I'm really into action movies. It's not always been like that but watching Speed, Stargate and Terminator 2 on the biggest screens in Europe (Le grand Rex, Gaumont Italie and UGC Normandie) completely changed my viewing style.



Speed was a revelation and I often said it felt liking having watched three movies in one. I'd never seen any movie like this one before, it was also one of the first action movies where a woman was displayed as the hero.


What I like in action movies is the combination of muscles and brains; I don't need blood and many dead people. Choreography of martial arts fights are way more interesting. You're right I own both Tomb Raider movies on DVD. Movies like Mission Impossible also attract me in a strange way - I loved the series and the movies found a great way to combine geekdom with action :)


That's probably the same reason why I liked the Indiana Jones movies and the more recent National Treasure.

Looking back though, it looks as if I had a thing for movies with tough women? Why not!

3 Kommentare:

Natazzz on May 30, 2009 at 4:19 PM said...

I enjoy action movies too, but not all of them. I don't really care for most of the ones you mention, besides Tomb Raider and I am not ashamed to admit I own both movies *g

Anything with hot strong women gets my vote. I even enjoy some without...a good storyline helps. There's nothing more boring than a lot of action and violence without any rhyme or reason.

Spoil Myself on May 30, 2009 at 5:25 PM said...

The good story line helps - a lot. And I'm not really into too much blood or dead people throughout the movie, often it's simply not necessary.

Thanks god for different tastes :)

Random on May 31, 2009 at 5:24 PM said...

Linda Hamilton :o)

Anyway...

I like action movies too. I especially enjoy those who combine action with some historic content (even if it may not be totally acccurate at all times) - so I'm all for Stargate, Indiana Jones, National Treasure and Tomb Raider (- and The Librarian) :o)


As for Mission Impossible I recently watched a few episodes of the original series... They are still very good, but I did miss some of the up beat action from the movies :o)

 

Spoil myself Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template