Saturday, May 2, 2009

Boring and random stuff


Following a tradition started by Ingrid, continued by Natazzz, picked up by megelder to be taken up by Natazzz again – I feel compelled to bore you with a list of random facts myself

1. I moved about a million times but the last time was about 9 years ago.

2. My favorite place is somewhere in the Provence, not too far from Lavender fields in the garden of my yet to buy vacation home.

3. The modern Tate Museum impressed me more than the Louvre.

4. I lived in Paris for 5 years and never went inside the Louvre Museum.

5. I don’t like beer, except on hot summer evenings when I crave Panaché

6. I don’t like Cola, neither Cola nor Pepsi. My favorite “soft drinks” are water and fruit juices.

7. I’m not a vegetarian, but can go without meat for weeks and I don’t eat red meat.

8. “They do have salads on the menu” is not the reason why I would choose a restaurant. When dining out, I want to eat dishes I won’t get at home.

9. When I cook, the kitchen always looks as if an experiment had gone wrong. I never learned cooking and am most at ease with dishes that get their finishing in the oven. On the other hand, I do have some talents in baking and my marmalades have a large fan base.

10. I am a nerd and a geek and our living room and my office often look as if they were right out of an SF-movie.

11. I love learning about new things and always research those topics exhaustively.

12. I’ve suffered from various degrees of insomnia all my life but my cat Wölkchen was the best cure against it. For the first years, she always slept on my chest and her purring still puts me to sleep.

13. For reasons unknown to me, pets and kids take to me instantly.

14. I’m incredibly shy.

15. I don’t run nor jog, never.

16. I never smoked, not even once. This accounts for cigarettes and joints. But I was high at least once, on “secondary” smoke at a Pretenders concert.

17. Ages ago, my apartment was burglarized. I’d still like to know what they thought of the “Desert Hearts” tape which was still in the video recorder.

18. I’m not into accessories, not on me, not in the house; and this even extents to cooking and baking, you want decoration or garnitures? Not from me.

19. But I love gadgets, mostly from the electronics department.

20. I hate shopping, doesn’t matter if it’s for groceries or for clothes. The earlier I’m done, the better. Despite this handicap I love shopping at IKEA and most DIY-stores.

21. I can’t read maps but have a good sense of direction combined with a very good, almost photographic memory.

22. I’m not good with numbers. No matter if this stands for a date or a phone number, I’ve got my gadgets to remember to them.

23. Despite the fact that I’m often up early, I’m not a morning person.

24. I’ve always had a thing for women older than me.

25. I love coffee; you wouldn’t want to cross my way until I had my first 3 or 4 cups of morning coffee.

7 Kommentare:

Natazzz on May 2, 2009 at 1:53 AM said...

Great list!

I really feel like I know you a little better now and I feel compelled to start my part III.

Then again, it's probably not allowed to copy all of yours that I agree with, right?

*Big nods in agreement* @ 15, 18, 20 & 23 (well, some partly lol)

Really? @ 5 and 14. Interesting.

Spoil Myself on May 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM said...

I woke up and wanted to change the title first, b/c these point aren't so random after all, which is when I saw your comment :)
Instead I started working on part II.

re 5 - really, though this applies mostly to German beer. I've tasted some Belgian stuff, which wasn't that bad.
And contrary to others, I always try out food or drink before deciding if I like it or not, unless it looks too gross.

Looking forward to your part III

Ingrid on May 2, 2009 at 2:01 PM said...

I really love reading all these random facts about you guys. Keep 'em coming! :D

Now I feel compelled to do another one...

Spoil Myself on May 2, 2009 at 4:19 PM said...

Ingrid, please do another one. yours are most hilarious :)
I'm already half done with part II, can't believe how many things I forgot, which are really really random, yet still define me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

bugger whatever. second try. like the list. ;-)

beer is good, just keep at it you'll like it eventually.

agree with the running thing, but i will make exception if something big and ugly is chasing me.

totally with you on the shopping, the only thing i really love shopping for is tools. i love tools ;)

Spoil Myself on May 3, 2009 at 6:42 AM said...

lol :)

yay for tools - I've got tons of them and always find new reasons why the old one won't do anymore and why we need to buy another one.

 

Spoil myself Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template