Friday, May 8, 2009

Random Thoughts: Things that drive me crazy


Normally I'm not that a person who's much into details, at least not at first glance. But there are some details, especially in tv-series that drive me crazy. Sometimes they irritate me that much, that I stop watching the show altogether. The irritation on SVU was that strong, that I already wrote an entire blog-post on that subject.

Currently I'm watching "La vie est à nous" on a regular basis (read the recaps on eurOut if you want to know more). Marianne looked great in the first episodes and had – compared to the other women appearing in that show – an unusual haircut. Lately she seems to be growing out her hair, a style hovering between boring and slightly ugly. To give the show some credit, it's not the only show doesn't seem to be able to be giving their actresses a decent hairdo.

Do you ever pay attention to what they are wearing in the shows? Sometimes the same outfit during the entire episode (e.g. some "Tatort"s), even when the storyline suggests the story spanning over several days. On a recent episode of CSI Las Vegas the team pulled an all-nighter (plus 24hrs) and none of them changed their clothes once, what do they have in their lockers if not a change of clothes?

I know, that I drive people crazy talking about this; they think that paying attention to these details is weakening the story-line, but hey, especially CSI stories are about details, so they should get them right too. If you don't want me to notice these things, have them wear overalls, or look over to NCIS where Gibbs is constantly drinking coffee, Abby getting her power-whatever-fix and they use non-see-through containers. I never wonder or count how much they've been drinking ;)

3 Kommentare:

GenderQ on May 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM said...

one thing that drove me crazy is watching the x-files. not the serie in itself but the fact that mulder never ever raises an eyebrow. it became too distracting to constantly watch him in search of that raised eyebrow. if you don't believe me.. go watch an episode :)

Natazzz on May 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM said...

It amuses me that this bothers you so much.

It probably comes as no suprise to you when I say that I really don't notice haircuts or clothes. When I do, I tend to think the women dress weird, but that could just be me.

Spoil Myself on May 9, 2009 at 6:59 AM said...

@genderQ I don't remember this detail, re the x-files I was totally annoyed when I switched from french to german tv - the french synchronisation had them on a "tu" (du) level and the german one still on a "Sie" level. that was weird changed the "relationship" between Scully and Mulder completely.

@natazzz The funny thing is, I don't care in real life. Very probable dialogue with me and somebody I see daily
Me: something's different about you
A: no, there's nothing
Me: got it, you're wearing glasses now
A: I've worn glasses all my life

 

Spoil myself Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template