Monday, May 11, 2009

Random Stuff: Questions, food for thought?


This is not planned as part III to "boring and random stuff about me", these are questions I often wonder about, some are meant rhetorical, some are real questions.

  1. Why do so many lesbian authors choose androgynous names for their characters? Or "male" nicknames? And why do they often pair blondes and brunettes? I can't believe that so much of lesbian fiction is alt- or uber Xena-fiction. (really don't know the difference between alt and uber, yet I'm sure that this is not fanfiction)
  2. Is there really no base-line below which political elections will be cancelled? I can't believe that elections with 30% of attendance can still be valid. Sure, people who stayed at home will have to live with this, but still….
  3. What is the point of having a non-smoking policy on trains but not at the stations?
  4. If I stopped thinking for others for an entire day, e.g. on the road or avoiding run in with those little monsters at the supermarket, will I still be alive in the evening?
  5. Why are most current lesbian plots on TV spoiled by one of them being pregnant, some sooner, some later?
  6. E-books prices don't differ as much as I expected from "real" books. I hope that authors get a bigger deal from e-books as production costs are extremely lower.
  7. I'm beginning to like facebook's "pick your 5" and wonder if there's a possibility to cross post them to my blog.
  8. Dita von Teese is supporting the German Act at the Eurovision Song Contest? Seriously? I'm glad that my tv fees support Patricia Kaas ;)

3 Kommentare:

Natazzz on May 13, 2009 at 1:32 PM said...

Great questions!

1. I think it's because no one likes a cool tough main character with a very girly name. I mean, Xena sounds so much better than say...Jennifer. I never pay attention to details like hair colour.

4. Try not to be such a control freak and I bet the world will just keep on turning ;-)

Anonymous said...

1) when i was a kid i chose androgynous names in my stories to annoy my teachers and stand out. it worked too :) that said i also wrote a short story based on the assumption that the main character was male, but she wasnt. this really messed with my lit teacher's head!

7) its a crippling addiction. also, when people post notes that a quizes about ur life, completely addictive. just roll with it :-)

Spoil Myself on May 15, 2009 at 3:54 PM said...

hm...in my book Xena always was a very feminine name => the "a"

....rolling with 4 and 7 *g

 

Spoil myself Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template